Swaffham Bulbeck is an Ancient Parish in the county of Cambridgeshire.
Parish registers begin:
- Parish registers: 1558
- Bishop’s Transcripts: 1599
Nonconformists include: Wesleyan Methodist
The Imperial Gazetteer of England & Wales 1870
SWAFFHAM-BULBECK, a parish, with a village, in Newmarket district, Cambridge; 4¼ miles N of Six-Mile-Bottom r. station, and 6 WSW of Newmarket. It has a post-office under Cambridge. Acres, 3,000. Real property, £5,492. Pop., 873. Houses, 187. Upper Hare Park is the seat of Isaac Herbert Wilkinson, Esq. A Benedictine nunnery was founded at Swaffham-Abbey, before the time of King John, by one of the Bulbeck family. The living is a vicarage in the diocese of Ely. Value, £219. Patron, the Bishop of Ely. The church is of the 14th century. There are an endowed school with £20 a year, and charities £164.
Source: The Imperial Gazetteer of England & Wales [Wilson, John M]. A. Fullarton & Co. N. d. c. [1870-72].
FamilySearch Catalog - Free
Swaffham Bulbeck, Cambridgeshire : baptisms, 1558-1945; marriages, 1558-1643/4, 1647-1953; banns, 1757-1813; 1823-1887; burials, 1599-1887; burials in cemetery, 1886-1982 Author: Simms, Wilfrid; Rushworth, Gillian; Church of England. Parish Church of Swaffham-Bulbeck (Cambridgeshire)
Land and property
- County: Cambridgeshire
- Civil Registration District: Newmarket
- Probate Court: Court of the Bishop of Ely (Episcopal Consistory)
- Diocese: Ely
- Rural Deanery: Camps
- Poor Law Union: Newmarket
- Hundred: Staine
- Province: Canterbury