Stuntney is an Ecclesiastical Parish in the county of Cambridgeshire, created in 1726 from chapelry in Ely Holy Trinity Ancient Parish.
Parish registers begin:
- Parish registers: 1545
- Bishop’s Transcripts: 1599
- Soham with Barway
- Land Common to Ely Holy Trinity and Ely St Mary
The Imperial Gazetteer of England & Wales 1870
STUNTNEY, a chapelry in Ely-Trinity parish, Cambridge; 1½ mile SE of Ely r. station. Post town, Ely. Pop., 253. The living is a p. curacy in the diocese of Ely. Value, £150. Patrons, the Dean and Chapter of Ely. The church is ancient. A national school was built in 1865.
Source: The Imperial Gazetteer of England & Wales [Wilson, John M]. A. Fullarton & Co. N. d. c. [1870-72].
FamilySearch Catalog - Free
An indexed transcription of the parish registers of Stuntney : baptisms, 1545-1905; marriages, 1545-1950; burials, 1545-1950; banns, 1754-1921 Author: Cambridgeshire Family History Society; Church of England. Chapelry of Stuntney (Cambridgeshire)
Land and property
- County: Cambridgeshire
- Civil Registration District: Ely
- Probate Court: Court of the Bishop of Ely (Episcopal Consistory)
- Diocese: Ely
- Rural Deanery: Ely
- Poor Law Union: Ely
- Hundred: Ely City
- Province: Canterbury