Stetchworth is an Ancient Parish in the county of Cambridgeshire.
Parish registers begin:
- Parish registers: 1666
- Bishop’s Transcripts: 1599
The Imperial Gazetteer of England & Wales 1870
STETCHWORTH, a parish, with a village, in Newmarket district, Cambridge; 1½ mile E of Dullingham r. station, and 3¼ S of Newmarket. It has a post-office under Newmarket. Acres, 2,824. Real property, £3,506. Pop., 671. Houses, 147. The manor belongs to H. F. Eaton, Esq. S. House is the seat of S. Y. Benyon, Esq. The living is a vicarage in the diocese of Elv. Value £200. Patron, H. F. Eaton, Esq. The church is ancient but good. Charities, £31.
Source: The Imperial Gazetteer of England & Wales [Wilson, John M]. A. Fullarton & Co. N. d. c. [1870-72].
FamilySearch Catalog - Free
- County: Cambridgeshire
- Civil Registration District: Newmarket
- Probate Court: Court of the Bishop of Ely (Episcopal Consistory)
- Diocese: Ely
- Rural Deanery: Camps
- Poor Law Union: Newmarket
- Hundred: Radfield
- Province: Canterbury