Rampton is an Ancient Parish in the county of Cambridgeshire.
Parish registers begin:
- Parish registers: 1674
- Bishop’s Transcripts: 1599
Nonconformists include: Baptist and Wesleyan Methodist.
- Long Stanton All Saints
- Long Stanton St Michael
The Imperial Gazetteer of England & Wales 1870
RAMPTON, a parish in Chesterton district, Cambridgeshire; on an affluent of the river Ouse, 1½ mile E N E of Long Stanton r. station, and 7 N by W of Cambridge. Post-town, Cottenham, under Cambridge. Acres, 1,312. Real property, £1,966. Pop., 240. Houses, 50. The manor belongs to H. Effingham, Esq. The living is a rectory in the diocese of Ely. Value, £342. Patron, the Rev. F. Strong. The church is a rubble building, with a tower. There are a Baptist chapel, a national school, and charities £20.
Source: The Imperial Gazetteer of England & Wales [Wilson, John M]. A. Fullarton & Co. N. d. c. [1870-72].
The book of church accounts relating to certain ‘balks’ in the common fields of Rampton, Cambridgeshire and the parish registers of Rampton, Cambridgeshire, 1599-1812 Author: Church of England. Parish Church of Rampton (Cambridgeshire)
An indexed transcription of the parish registers of Rampton : baptisms, 1599-1950; marriages, 1599-1950; banns, 1754-1950; burials, 1599-1950 Author: Cambridgeshire Family History Society; Church of England. Parish Church of Rampton (Cambridgeshire)
- County: Cambridgeshire
- Civil Registration District: Chesterton
- Probate Court: Court of the Bishop of Ely (Episcopal Consistory)
- Diocese: Ely
- Rural Deanery: Chesterton
- Poor Law Union: Chesterton
- Hundred: Northstow
- Province: Canterbury