Quy is an Ancient Parish in the county of Cambridgeshire.
Alternative names: Stow, Stow cum Quy
Parish registers begin:
- Parish registers: 1539
- Bishop’s Transcripts: 1599
Nonconformists include: Independent/Congregational and Wesleyan Methodist.
- Fen Ditton
- Little Wilbraham
The Imperial Gazetteer of England & Wales 1870
STOW-CUM-QUY, a parish in Chesterton district, Cambridgeshire; 2¾ miles SE of Waterbeach r. station, and 5 ENE of Cambridge. It has a post-office, of the name of Quy, under Cambridge. Acres, 1,820. Real property, £3,080. Pop., 368. Houses, 80. The manor, with Quy Hall, belongs to Francis, Esq. The living is a p. curacy in the diocese of Ely. Value, £52. Patron, the Bishop of Ely. The church is ancient. There are a Wesleyan chapel, and charities £16. Jeremy Collier was a native.
Source: The Imperial Gazetteer of England & Wales [Wilson, John M]. A. Fullarton & Co. N. d. c. [1870-72].
Online Records (Free)
Civil Registration District: Chesterton
Probate Court: Court of the Bishop of Ely (Episcopal Consistory)
Rural Deanery: Camps
Poor Law Union: Chesterton