Landwade in Cambridgeshire is a chapelry of Exning Ancient Parish in Suffolk.
Parish registers begin:
- Parish registers: 1701
- Bishop’s Transcripts: 1638
The Imperial Gazetteer of England & Wales 1870
LANDWADE, a parish in Newmarket district, Cambridge; 4 miles N by W of Newmarket r. station. Post-town, Newmarket. Acres, 120. Real property, £192. Pop., 36. Houses, 5. The manor belonged, in the time of Edward III., to the Hastings family; and passed to the Cottons. The living is a p. curacy, annexed to the vicarage of Exning, in the diocese of Ely. The church is ancient; consists of nave, transepts, and chancel, with a low tower; and contains some very old monuments of the Cottons; but has ceased to be used.
Source: The Imperial Gazetteer of England & Wales [Wilson, John M]. A. Fullarton & Co. N. d. c. [1870-72].
Online Records (Free)
Civil Registration District: Newmarket
Probate Court: Court of the Archdeaconry of Sudbury
Diocese: Post-1836 - Ely, Pre-1837 - Norwich
Rural Deanery: Fordham
Poor Law Union: Newmarket