Knapwell is an Ancient Parish in the county of Cambridgeshire.
Parish registers begin:
- Parish registers: 1678
- Bishop’s Transcripts: 1598
The Imperial Gazetteer of England & Wales 1870
KNAPWELL, a parish in Caxton district, Cambridge; 3½ miles NE of Caxton, and 4½ SSW of Swavesey r. station. Post town, Elsworth, under St. Ives, Hunts. Acres, 2,000. Real property, £719. Pop., 156. Houses, 29. The property is divided among a few. The living is a rectory in the diocese of Ely. Value, £150. Patron, the Rev. David Craig. The church, excepting the tower, was rebuilt in 1865. Charities, £8.
Source: The Imperial Gazetteer of England & Wales [Wilson, John M]. A. Fullarton & Co. N. d. c. [1870-72].
Online Records (Free)
Civil Registration District: Caxton
Probate Court: Court of the Archdeaconry of Ely
Rural Deanery: Bourn
Poor Law Union: Caxton