Kingston is an Ancient Parish in the county of Cambridgeshire.
Parish registers begin:
- Parish registers: 1654
- Bishop’s Transcripts: 1599
- Great Eversden
The Imperial Gazetteer of England & Wales 1870
KINGSTON, a village and a parish in Caxton district, Cambridge. The village stands adjacent to the Cambridge and Bedford railway, 2 miles E by N of Old North Road station, and 3 SE of Caxton; and had formerly a weekly market and two fairs. The parish comprises 1,807 acres. Post town, Caxton, under Royston. Real property, £2,646. Pop., 313. Houses, 62. The living is a rectory in the diocese of Ely. Value, not reported. Patron, King's College, Cambridge. The church comprises nave, aisles, and chancel, with S porch and very low tower. Charities, £26.
Source: The Imperial Gazetteer of England & Wales [Wilson, John M]. A. Fullarton & Co. N. d. c. [1870-72].
Online Records (Free)
Civil Registration District: Caxton
Probate Court: Court of the Archdeaconry of Ely
Rural Deanery: Bourn
Poor Law Union: Caxton