Kennett is an Ancient Parish in the county of Cambridgeshire.
Parish registers begin:
- Parish registers: 1754
- Bishop’s Transcripts: 1567
The Imperial Gazetteer of England & Wales 1870
KENNETT, a parish in Newmarket district, Cambridge; on a branch of the river Lark, at the boundary with Suffolk, and on the Cambridge, Newmarket, and Bury railway, adjacent to Icknield street, 5 miles NE of Newmarket. It has a station on the railway; and its post town is Newmarket. Acres, 1,425. R eal property, £1,335. Pop., 207. Houses, 42. The manor belongs to the Rev. W. Godfrey. Fairfax's head quarters were here in 1647. The living is a rectory in the diocese of Ely. Value, £200. Patron, the Rev. W. Godfrey. The church has an embattled tower, and was recently restored.
Source: The Imperial Gazetteer of England & Wales [Wilson, John M]. A. Fullarton & Co. N. d. c. [1870-72].
Online Records (Free)
Civil Registration District: Newmarket
Probate Court: Court of the Archdeaconry of Sudbury
Diocese: Post-1836 - Ely, Pre-1837 - Norwich
Rural Deanery: Fordham
Poor Law Union: Newmarket