Impington is an Ancient Parish in the county of Cambridgeshire.
Parish registers begin:
- Parish registers: 1562
- Bishop’s Transcripts: 1599
- Cambridge St Giles
The Imperial Gazetteer of England & Wales 1870
IMPINGTON, a village and a parish in Chesterton district, Cambridgeshire. The village stands 1 mile ESE of Histon r. station, and 2 ½ N of Cambridge; and was once a market town. The parish comprises 1,200 acres. Real property, £2,759. Pop. in 1851, 273; in 1861, 335. Houses, 75. The property is much subdivided. A handsome mansion here belonged to the Pepys family; is frequently mentioned in Pepys' diary; and passed, not long ago, to the family of Coffin. A woman of this parish was enveloped in a snow drift in 1799, remained in it nearly eight days and nights, and was taken out alive; and a monument, recording the event, now stands on the spot. The living is a vicarage in the diocese of Ely. Value, £128. Patrons, the Dean and Chapter of Ely. The church consists of nave, aisle, and chancel, with porch and tower; and has a brass of the Burgoynes of 1500. There are a national school, and charities £6.
Source: The Imperial Gazetteer of England & Wales [Wilson, John M]. A. Fullarton & Co. N. d. c. [1870-72].
Online Records (Free)
Civil Registration District: Chesterton
Probate Court: Court of the Bishop of Ely (Episcopal Consistory)
Rural Deanery: Chesterton
Poor Law Union: Chesterton