East Hatley is an Ancient Parish in the county of Cambridgeshire.
Parish registers begin:
- Parish registers: 1585
- Bishop’s Transcripts: 1599
- Hatley St George
- Little Gransden
- Croydon cum Clapton
The Imperial Gazetteer of England & Wales 1870
HATLEY (East), a parish in Caxton district, Cambridge; adjacent to Beds, 2½ miles SE of Gamlingay r. station, and 7½ NNW of Royston. Post town, Potton, under St. Neots. Acres, 1,176. Rated property, £653. Pop., 139. Houses, 27. The property is divided among a few. The manor belonged formerly to the Castell family; and belongsnowto Downing College, Cambridge. The living is a rectory in the diocese of Ely. Valne, £175. Patron, Downing College, Cambridge. The church contains monuments of the Castells, and was recently in disrepair.
Source: The Imperial Gazetteer of England & Wales [Wilson, John M]. A. Fullarton & Co. N. d. c. [1870-72].
An indexed transcription of the parish registers of East Hatley : baptisms, 1585-1946; marriages, 1590-1943; burials, 1595-1943; banns, 1764-1948 Author: Layng, T. P. R (Thomas Peter Royson), 1901-1985; Church of England. Parish Church of East Hatley (Cambridgeshire); Cambridgeshire Family History Society
Parish register of East Hatley, Cambridgeshire, England : and marriages from 1619-1640 from bishop’s transcripts Author: Church of England. Parish Church of East Hatley (Cambridgeshire); Young, E.; Gardner, David Ensign, 1915-2007
Land and property
- County: Cambridgeshire
- Civil Registration District: Caxton
- Probate Court: Court of the Archdeaconry of Ely
- Diocese: Ely
- Rural Deanery: Shingay
- Poor Law Union: Caxton
- Hundred: Armingford
- Province: Canterbury