Dullingham is an Ancient Parish in the county of Cambridgeshire.
Parish registers begin:
- Parish registers: 1558
- Bishop’s Transcripts: 1599
Nonconformists include: Wesleyan Methodist
- Swaffham Bulbeck
- Great Bradley
- Burrough Green
The Imperial Gazetteer of England & Wales 1870
DULLINGHAM, a parish in Newmarket district, Cambridge; on the Cambridge and Newmarket railway, 4 miles SSW of Newmarket. It has a station on the railway, and a post office under Newmarket. Acres, 3,240. Real property, £4,689. Pop., 800. Houses, 181. Dullingham House is the seat of Mrs. Pigot. The living is a vicarage in the diocese of Ely. Value, £165. Patron, Mrs. Pigot. The church is ancient, with a tower; was stripped of superstitions decorations in 1643; and has an old font. There are a Wesleyan chapel, an endowed school, and charities £123.
Source: The Imperial Gazetteer of England & Wales [Wilson, John M]. A. Fullarton & Co. N. d. c. [1870-72].
Online Records (Free)
Civil Registration District: Newmarket
Probate Court: Court of the Bishop of Ely (Episcopal Consistory)
Rural Deanery: Camps
Poor Law Union: Newmarket