Status: Ancient Parish
Parish church: St. Peter and St. Paul
Parish registers begin:
- Parish registers: 1565
- Bishop’s Transcripts: 1599
Nonconformists include: Particular Baptist, Methodist
- Long Stanton All Saints
- Long Stanton St Michael
The Imperial Gazetteer of England & Wales 1870
DRAYTON (Dry), a parish in Chesterton district, Cambridgeshire; on an affluent of the river Ouse, near the Via Devana, 2¾ miles SW of Oakington r. station, and 5¾ NW of Cambridge. It has a post office under Cambridge. Acres, 2, 389. Real property, 2, 636. Pop., 470. Houses, 107. The property is much subdivided. The living is a rectory in the diocese of Ely. Value, £320. Patron, the Rev. Dr. Smith. The church has a brass of 1520, and is good. A school has £13 from endowment, and other charities £10.
Source: The Imperial Gazetteer of England & Wales [Wilson, John M]. A. Fullarton & Co. N. d. c. [1870-72].
The Parliamentary Gazetteer of England and Wales 1851
Drayton-Dry, a parish in the hund. and union of Chesterton, county of Cambridge; 6 miles west by north of Cambridge, on a branch of the Ouse. Living, a rectory in the archd. and dio. of Ely; rated at £21 1s. 3d.; gross income £320. Patron, in 1835, the Rev. S. Smith, D.D. Here are 3 daily schools, one of which is partly supported by endowment. Charities, about £30 per annum. Acres 2,389. Houses 94. A. P. £2,924. Pop., in 1801. 376; in 1831, 432. Poor rates, in 1837, £223.
Source: The Parliamentary Gazetteer of England and Wales; A Fullarton & Co. Glasgow; 1851.
Civil Registration District: Chesterton
Probate Court: Court of the Bishop of Ely (Episcopal Consistory)
Rural Deanery: Chesterton
Poor Law Union: Chesterton