Coveney is an Ancient Parish in the county of Cambridgeshire. Manea is a chapelry of Coveney.
Other places in the parish include: Frog’s Abbey, Hale Fen, Wardy Hill, and Halfpenny Toll.
Parish church: St. Peter
Parish registers begin:
- Parish registers: 1676
- Bishop’s Transcripts: 1600
Nonconformists include: Baptist, Primitive Methodist, and Wesleyan Methodist.
- Little Downham
The Imperial Gazetteer of England & Wales 1870
COVENEY, a village in Ely district, and a parish in Ely and North Witchford districts, Cambridge. The village stands near the New Bedford river, 3 miles W by S of Chittisham r. station, and 3¾ NW by W of Ely; and its post town is Ely. The parish includes also the hamlet of Wardy-Hill and the chapelry of Manea; the latter of which has a post office under March. Acres, 7,249. Real property, £14,806. Pop., 1,756. Houses, 382. The living is a rectory, united with the p. curacy of Manea, in the diocese of Ely. Value, £809. Patron, Lord Rokeby. The church is small. There are chapels for Baptists and Wesleyans. A school at Manea has £70 from endowment. Conyers Middleton was rector.
Source: The Imperial Gazetteer of England & Wales [Wilson, John M]. A. Fullarton & Co. N. d. c. [1870-72].
An indexed transcription of the parish registers of Manea : baptisms, 1607-1950; marriages, 1646-1950; burials, 1645-1950; banns, 1757-1950 Author: Travers, N. K., Mrs.; Cambridgeshire Family History Society; Church of England. Chapelry of Manea (Cambridgeshire)
Land and property
Manor court books of the manors of Tyndalls and Lyles in Chatteris and de Maney manor, all of Coveney, 1660-1714; manor court books of Coveney cum Mambris, 1690-1850 Author: Manor of Tyndalls. Court (Cambridge)
- County: Cambridgeshire
- Civil Registration District: Ely
- Probate Court: Court of the Bishop of Ely (Episcopal Consistory)
- Diocese: Ely
- Rural Deanery: Ely
- Poor Law Union: Ely
- Hundred: South Witchford
- Province: Canterbury