Conington is an Ancient Parish in the county of Cambridgeshire.
Parish church: St. Mary
Parish registers begin:
- Parish registers: 1538
- Bishop’s Transcripts: 1599
- Fenstanton, Huntingdonshire
- Fen Drayton
The Imperial Gazetteer of England & Wales 1870
CONINGTON, a parish in the district of St. Ives ano county of Cambridge; at the boundary with Huntingdon, 3 miles SW of Swavesey r. station, and 3¼ S of St. Ives Post town, Fenstanton, under St. Ives. Acres, 1,477. Real property, £1,830. Pop., 233. Houses, 38. The property is divided among a few. The living is a rectory in the diocese of Ely. Value, £238. Patron, the Bishop of Ely. The church is old but good.
Source: The Imperial Gazetteer of England & Wales [Wilson, John M]. A. Fullarton & Co. N. d. c. [1870-72].
An indexed transcription of the parish registers of Conington : baptisms, 1538-1950; marriages, 1538-1950; burials, 1538-1950; banns, 1754-1950; rectors, 1338-1761 Author: Shepperson, John; Church of England. Parish Church of Conington (Cambridgeshire); Cambridgeshire Family History Society
The Boxworth, Conington and Fen Drayton chronicle : extracts from the Cambridge Chronicles relating to the villages of Boxworth, Conington and Fen Drayton, 1779-1901 Author: Jordan, W.; Downing, J., Mrs.
- County: Cambridgeshire
- Civil Registration District: St Ives
- Probate Court: Court of the Archdeaconry of Ely
- Diocese: Ely
- Rural Deanery: Bourn
- Poor Law Union: St Ives
- Hundred: Papworth
- Province: Canterbury