Carlton cum Willingham is an Ancient Parish in the county of Cambridgeshire.
Other places in the parish include: Willingham.
Parish registers begin:
- Parish registers: 1588
- Bishop’s Transcripts: 1599
Nonconformists include: Independent/Congregational and Primitive Methodist.
- Great Bradley
- Weston Colville
- Burrough Green
- Little Wilbraham
- Little Thurlow
The Imperial Gazetteer of England & Wales 1870
CARLTON-CUM-WILLINGHAM, a parish in Linton district, Cambridge; on the verge of the county, 4¼ miles ESE of Six-Mile-Bottom r. station, and 7½ S of Newmarket. It has a post-office, of the name of Carlton, under Newmarket. Acres, 2,200. Real property, £3,102. Pop., 402. Houses, 87. The property is divided among a few. Part of the land is common. The living is a rectory in the diocese of Ely. Value, £287. Patrons, the Trustees of the Rev. W. S. P. Wilder. The church is old but good; and has a monument of Sir T. Elliot, author of a Latin Dictionary and other works. There is a Primitive Methodist chapel.
Source: The Imperial Gazetteer of England & Wales [Wilson, John M]. A. Fullarton & Co. N. d. c. [1870-72].
Carlton cum Willingham Cambridgeshire, baptisms, 1588-1851; marriages, 1599-1837; bann, 1754-1805; burials, 1599-1812 Author: Church of England. Parish Church of Carlton-cum-Willingham (Cambridgeshire)
An indexed transcription of the parish registers of Carlton-cum-Willingham : baptisms, 1588-1950; marriages, 1595-1950; burials, 1599-1950; banns, 1758-1950 Author: Cambridgeshire Family History Society; Church of England. Parish Church of Carlton-cum-Willingham (Cambridgeshire)
Land and property
Poorhouses & Poor Law
- County: Cambridgeshire
- Civil Registration District: Linton
- Probate Court: Court of the Bishop of Ely (Episcopal Consistory)
- Diocese: Ely
- Rural Deanery: Camps
- Poor Law Union: Linton
- Hundred: Radfield
- Province: Canterbury