Bourn is an Ancient Parish in the county of Cambridgeshire.
Parish registers begin:
- Parish registers: 1564
- Bishop’s Transcripts: 1599
Nonconformists include: Wesleyan Methodist
The Imperial Gazetteer of England & Wales 1870
BOURN, a parish in Caxton district, Cambridge; on n affluent of the river Cam, 2 miles SSE of Caxton, and ¼ WNW of Lord’s-Bridge r. station. It has a post-office under Royston. Acres, 4,065. Real property, £4,981. Pop., 883. Houses, 187. The property is divided among a few. Bourn Hall is the seat of Earl Delawarr. The manor belonged to Morcar, the Saxon; and passed to the Picots; and a castle on it was destroyed in the civil wars of the time of Henry III. The living is a vicarage in the diocese of Ely. Value, £161. Patron, Christ’s College, Cambridge. Charities, £42.
Source: The Imperial Gazetteer of England & Wales [Wilson, John M]. A. Fullarton & Co. N. d. c. [1870-72].
FamilySearch Catalog - Free
Poorhouses & Poor Law
- County: Cambridgeshire
- Civil Registration District: Caxton
- Probate Court: Court of the Archdeaconry of Ely
- Diocese: Ely
- Rural Deanery: Bourn
- Poor Law Union: Caxton
- Hundred: Longstow
- Province: Canterbury