Benwick is an Ecclesiastical Parish in the county of Cambridgeshire, created in 1847 from chapelry in Doddington Ancient Parish.
Parish registers begin:
- Parish registers: 1851
- Bishop’s Transcripts: 1851
Nonconformists include: Calvinistic Baptist, Primitive Methodist, Strict Baptist, and Wesleyan Methodist.
- Whittlesey St Mary
The Imperial Gazetteer of England & Wales 1870
BENWICK, a chapelry in Doddington parish, Cambridge; in the Isle of Ely, 4 ¼ miles NW of Chatteris r. station, and 6½ SW of March. Post town, Doddington, under March. Acres, 3,096. Real property, £7,040. Pop., 773. Houses, 162. The living is a rectory. The church is recent. There are two dissenting chapels.
Source: The Imperial Gazetteer of England & Wales [Wilson, John M]. A. Fullarton & Co. N. d. c. [1870-72].
FamilySearch Catalog – Free
An indexed transcription of the parish registers of Benwick : baptisms, 1851-1950; marriages, 1851-1950, burials, 1851-1950; banns, 1851-1950 Author: Shepperson, John; Cambridgeshire Family History Society; Church of England. Parish Church of Benwick (Cambridgeshire)
Land and property
Poorhouses & Poor Law
- County: Cambridgeshire
- Civil Registration District: North Witchford
- Probate Court: Court of the Bishop of Ely (Episcopal Consistory)
- Diocese: Ely
- Rural Deanery: Ely
- Poor Law Union: North Witchford
- Hundred: North Witchford
- Province: Canterbury