Ashley with Silverley is an Ancient Parish in the county of Cambridgeshire.
Other places in the parish include: Silverley.
Alternative names: Ashley, Ashley cum Silverley
Parish registers begin:
- Parish registers: 1746
- Bishop’s Transcripts: 1563
The Imperial Gazetteer of England & Wales 1870
ASHLEY-CUM-SILVERLEY, a parish in Newmarket district, Cambridge; on the verge of the county, at Ashley Gap, 4 miles ESE of Newmarket r. station. It has a post office, of the name of Ashley, under New market. Acres, 2,143. Real property, £3,293. Pop., 509. Houses, 109. The property is divided among a few. The living is a rectory and a vicarage-Ashley rectory, Silverley vicarage in the diocese of Ely. Value, £150. Patron, the Hon. W. R. J. North. The church was built in 1845.
Source: The Imperial Gazetteer of England & Wales [Wilson, John M]. A. Fullarton & Co. N. d. c. [1870-72].
Online Records (Free)
Civil Registration District: Newmarket
Probate Court: Court of the Archdeaconry of Sudbury
Diocese: Post-1836 - Ely, Pre-1837 - Norwich
Rural Deanery: Fordham
Poor Law Union: Newmarket