Wingrave is an Ancient Parish in the county of Buckinghamshire.
Parish registers begin: 1550
Nonconformists include: Baptist, Independent/Congregational, and Primitive Methodist.
Parishes adjacent to Wingrave
- Bierton with Broughton
- Aston Abbots
- Drayton Beauchamp
The Imperial Gazetteer of England & Wales 1870
WINGRAVE, a parish, with W. village and Rowsham hamlet, in Aylesbury district, Bucks; 2 miles NNW of Marston-Gate r. station, and 5½ NE of Aylesbury. It has a post-office under Aylesbury. Acres, 2,600. Real property, £4,145. Pop., 863. Houses, 173. The property is subdivided. The living is a vicarage in the diocese of Oxford. Value, £120. Patron, Earl Brownlow. The church is early and later English. There are two dissenting chapels, a national school, and charities £30.
Source: The Imperial Gazetteer of England & Wales [Wilson, John M]. A. Fullarton & Co. N. d. c. [1870-72].
Leonard's Gazetteer of England and Wales 1850
Wingrave with Rowsham, 3 miles N.E. Aylesbury. P. 814
Source: Leonard's Gazetteer of England and Wales; Second Edition; C. W. Leonard, London; 1850.
- County: Buckinghamshire
- Civil Registration District: Aylesbury
- Probate Court: Court of the Archdeaconry of Buckingham
- Diocese: Post-1844 - Oxford, Pre-1845 - Lincoln
- Rural Deanery: Pre-1845 - None, Post-1844 - Mursley
- Poor Law Union: Aylesbury
- Hundred: Cottesloe
- Province: Canterbury