Weston Turville is an Ancient Parish in the county of Buckinghamshire.
Alternative names: West Turville
Parish registers begin: 1538
Nonconformists include: Baptist, Independent/Congregational, and Society of Friends/Quaker.
Parishes adjacent to Weston Turville
The Imperial Gazetteer of England & Wales 1870
WESTON-TURVILLE, a parish in Aylesbury district, Bucks; 3 miles SE of Aylesbury r. station. It has a post-office under Tring. Acres, 2,450. Real property, £4,799. Pop., 724. Houses, 149. There are four manors; and the chief one belonged till lately to the Duchy of Lancaster, and belongs now to Mr. J. Eldridge. A reservoir of the Grand Junction canal, covering nearly 70 acres, is here. Straw-plaiting is. largely carried on; and the Aylesbury breed of ducks is extensively reared. The living is a rectory in the diocese of Oxford. Value, £545. Patron, All Souls College, Oxford. The church was restored in 1860. There are a parochial school, and charities £12.
Source: The Imperial Gazetteer of England & Wales [Wilson, John M]. A. Fullarton & Co. N. d. c. [1870-72].
Leonard's Gazetteer of England and Wales 1850
Weston-Turville, 2 m. N. Wendover P. 718
Source: Leonard's Gazetteer of England and Wales; Second Edition; C. W. Leonard, London; 1850.
Buckinghamshire Archives & Family History Groups
Records for England
Births and Baptism Records
War and Conflict
- County: Buckinghamshire
- Civil Registration District: Aylesbury
- Probate Court: Court of the Archdeaconry of Buckingham
- Diocese: Pre-1845 - Lincoln, Post-1844 - Oxford
- Rural Deanery: Post-1844 - Wendover, Pre-1845 - None
- Poor Law Union: Aylesbury
- Hundred: Aylesbury
- Province: Canterbury