Westbury is an Ancient Parish in the county of Buckinghamshire.
Parish registers begin: 1558
Parishes adjacent to Westbury
- Luffield Abbey
- Lillingstone Dayrell
- Brackley St Peter
The Imperial Gazetteer of England & Wales 1870
WESTBURY, a parish in the district of Brackley and county of Buckingham; 2½ miles ESE of Brackley r. station. Post town, Buckingham. Acres, 2,547. Real property, £2,800. Pop., 379. Houses, 84. Westbury manor is the seat of the Hon. P. Barrington. The living is a vicarage in the diocese of Oxford. Value, £106. Patron, the Hon. P. Barrington. The church was restored in 1863. There are a national school, and charities £21.
Source: The Imperial Gazetteer of England & Wales [Wilson, John M]. A. Fullarton & Co. N. d. c. [1870-72].
Leonard's Gazetteer of England and Wales 1850
Westbury, 4 m. N.W. Buckingham. P. 471
Source: Leonard's Gazetteer of England and Wales; Second Edition; C. W. Leonard, London; 1850.
- County: Buckinghamshire
- Civil Registration District: Brackley
- Probate Court: Court of the Archdeaconry of Buckingham
- Diocese: Pre-1845 - Lincoln, Post-1844 - Oxford
- Rural Deanery: Post-1844 - Buckingham, Pre-1845 - None
- Poor Law Union: Brackley
- Hundred: Buckingham
- Province: Canterbury