Upton cum Chalvey is an Ancient Parish in the county of Buckinghamshire.
Other places in the parish include: Salthill, Slough, Chalvey, and Salt Hill.
Alternative names: Upton
Parish registers begin:
- Parish registers: 1539
- Bishop’s Transcripts: 1576
Nonconformists include: Independent/Congregational, Plymouth Brethren, Primitive Methodist, Roman Catholic, and Wesleyan Methodist.
The Imperial Gazetteer of England & Wales 1870
UPTON, a parish in Eton district, Bucks; adjacent to Slough r. station. It contains Chalvey hamlet, and parts of Slough and Salthill. Post town, Slough. Acres, 1,950. Real property, £19,799; of which £200 are in gasworks. Pop. in 1851, 3,573; in 1861, 4,688. Houses, 843. The property is much subdivided. The living is a vicarage in the diocese of Oxford. Value, £300. Patron, the Bishop of Oxford. The old church is Norman, and was recently restored. The new church is a plain brick edifice, and was built in 1837. A chapel of ease is at Chalvey, and was built in 1861. There are an Independent chapel of 1853, a Wesleyan chapel of 1847, a mechanics’ institute, a reading room, national schools, a British school, and Eton workhouse.
Source: The Imperial Gazetteer of England & Wales [Wilson, John M]. A. Fullarton & Co. N. d. c. [1870-72].
Buckinghamshire Archives & Family History Groups
Records for England
Births and Baptism Records
War and Conflict
- County: Buckinghamshire
- Civil Registration District: Eton
- Probate Court: Court of the Archdeaconry of Buckingham
- Diocese: Pre-1845 - Lincoln, Post-1844 - Oxford
- Rural Deanery: Pre-1845 - None, Post-1844 - Burnham
- Poor Law Union: Eton
- Hundred: Stoke
- Province: Canterbury