Turweston is an Ancient Parish in the county of Buckinghamshire.
Parish registers begin: 1695
Nonconformists include: Wesleyan Methodist
Parishes adjacent to Turweston
- Brackley St James
The Imperial Gazetteer of England & Wales 1870
TURWESTON, a parish in the district of Brackley and county of Buckingham; 1½ mile ENE of Brackley r. station. Post town, Brackley. Acres, 1,240. Real property, £2,059. Pop., 335. Houses, 74. The property is divided chiefly among four. T. House is the seat of J. L. Stratton, Esq. The living is a rectory in the diocese of Oxford. Value, £300. Patrons, the Dean and Chapter of Westminster. The church was recently restored. There are a Wesleyan chapel of 1861, and charities £10.
Source: The Imperial Gazetteer of England & Wales [Wilson, John M]. A. Fullarton & Co. N. d. c. [1870-72].
Leonard's Gazetteer of England and Wales 1850
Turweston, 5 m. N.W.Buckingham. P. 361
Source: Leonard's Gazetteer of England and Wales; Second Edition; C. W. Leonard, London; 1850.
- County: Buckinghamshire
- Civil Registration District: Brackley
- Probate Court: Court of the Archdeaconry of Buckingham
- Diocese: Post-1844 - Oxford, Pre-1845 - Lincoln
- Rural Deanery: Pre-1845 - None, Post-1844 - Buckingham
- Poor Law Union: Brackley
- Hundred: Buckingham
- Province: Canterbury