Thornton is an Ancient Parish in the county of Buckinghamshire.
Parish registers begin: 1562
Nonconformists include: Baptist and Independent/Congregational
Parishes adjacent to Thornton
The Imperial Gazetteer of England & Wales 1870
THORNTON, a parish in the district and county of Buckingham; 4½ miles ENE of Buckingham r. station-Post town, Stony-Stratford. Acres, 1,332. Real property, £2,252. Pop., 111. Houses, 17. The manor, with T. Hall, belongs to the Hon. R. Cavendish. The living is a rectory, united with Nash, in the diocese of Oxford. Value, £230. Patron, the Hon. R. Cavendish. The church is good.
Source: The Imperial Gazetteer of England & Wales [Wilson, John M]. A. Fullarton & Co. N. d. c. [1870-72].
Leonard's Gazetteer of England and Wales 1850
Thornton, 3 m. N.E. Buckingham. P. 101
Source: Leonard's Gazetteer of England and Wales; Second Edition; C. W. Leonard, London; 1850.
- County: Buckinghamshire
- Civil Registration District: Buckingham
- Probate Court: Court of the Archdeaconry of Buckingham
- Diocese: Pre-1845 - Lincoln, Post-1844 - Oxford
- Rural Deanery: Pre-1845 - None, Post-1844 - Buckingham
- Poor Law Union: Buckingham
- Hundred: Buckingham
- Province: Canterbury