Taplow is an Ancient Parish in the county of Buckinghamshire.
Parish registers begin:
- Parish registers: 1710
- Bishop’s Transcripts: 1616
- Bray, Berkshire
- Cookham, Berkshire
- Maidenhead St Luke, Berkshire
The Imperial Gazetteer of England & Wales 1870
TAPLOW, a parish, with a village, in Eton district, Bucks; on the river Thames and the great Western railway, 1 mile E of Maidenhead. It has a station on the railway, and a post-office under Maidenhead. Acres, 1,920. Real property, £5,670; of which £25 are in fisheries, and £100 in gasworks. Pop. in 1851, 704; in 1861, 811. Houses, 126. The property is subdivided. Cliefden is the seat of the Duke of Sutherland , and has been separately noticed. T. Court was formerly the seat of the Earl of Orkney, and is now the seat of P. Grenfell, Esq. There are several fine villas. The living is a rectory In the diocese of Oxford. Value, £465. Patron, the Bishop of O. The church was built in 1828. There are a national school, and charities £25.
Source: The Imperial Gazetteer of England & Wales [Wilson, John M]. A. Fullarton & Co. N. d. c. [1870-72].
Buckinghamshire Archives & Family History Groups
Records for England
Births and Baptism Records
War and Conflict
- County: Buckinghamshire
- Civil Registration District: Eton
- Probate Court: Court of the Archdeaconry of Buckingham
- Diocese: Pre-1845 - Lincoln, Post-1844 - Oxford
- Rural Deanery: Pre-1845 - None, Post-1844 - Burnham
- Poor Law Union: Eton
- Hundred: Burnham
- Province: Canterbury