Stone with Bishopstone is an Ancient Parish in the county of Buckinghamshire.
Other places in the parish include: Sedrup, Littleworth, and Bishopstone.
Alternative names: Stone
Parish registers begin:
- Parish registers: 1538
- Bishop’s Transcripts: 1575
Nonconformists include: Wesleyan Methodist
- Stoke Mandeville
- Fleet Marston
- Walton Holy Trinity
- Great Kimble
The Imperial Gazetteer of England & Wales 1870
STONE, a parish, with a village and three hamlets, in Aylesbury district, Bucks; 2½ miles WSW of Aylesbury r. station. It has a post-office under Aylesbury. Acres, 2,590. Real property, £5,742. Pop. in 1851, 785; in 1861, 1,094, of whom 295 were in the Bucks lunatic asylum. Houses, 169. The manor belongs to Dr. J. Lee. Peveraland St. John’s Lodge are chief residences. The living is a vicarage in the diocese of Oxford. Value, £390. Patron, the Royal Astronomical Society. The church is early English, with Norman arches; and was recently restored. There are two Wesleyan chapels and a national school.
Source: The Imperial Gazetteer of England & Wales [Wilson, John M]. A. Fullarton & Co. N. d. c. [1870-72].
Buckinghamshire Archives & Family History Groups
Records for England
Births and Baptism Records
War and Conflict
- County: Buckinghamshire
- Civil Registration District: Aylesbury
- Probate Court: Court of the Archdeaconry of Buckingham
- Diocese: Pre-1845 - Lincoln, Post-1844 - Oxford
- Rural Deanery: Pre-1845 - None, Post-1844 - Wendover
- Poor Law Union: Aylesbury
- Hundred: Aylesbury
- Province: Canterbury