Slapton is an Ancient Parish in the county of Buckinghamshire.
Other places in the parish include: Horton.
Parish registers begin: 1653
Nonconformists include: Wesleyan Methodist
Parishes adjacent to Slapton
- Billington, Bedfordshire
- Leighton Buzzard, Bedfordshire
The Imperial Gazetteer of England & Wales 1870
SLAPTON, a parish, with a village, in the district of Leighton-Buzzard and county of Buckingham; 2 miles NE by N of Cheddington-Junction r. station, and 3 S by E of Leighton-Buzzard. Post town, Leighton-Buzzard. Acres, 840. Real property, £2,019. Pop., 325. Houses, 66. The property is divided among three. The living is a rectory in the diocese of Oxford. Value, £282. Patron, Christchurch, Oxford. The church is early English. There are a Wesleyan chapel, a parochial school, and charities £67.
Source: The Imperial Gazetteer of England & Wales [Wilson, John M]. A. Fullarton & Co. N. d. c. [1870-72].
Leonard's Gazetteer of England and Wales 1850
Slapton, 2 m. N. Ivinghoe. P. 336
Source: Leonard's Gazetteer of England and Wales; Second Edition; C. W. Leonard, London; 1850.
Marriages at Slapton 1653-1812
Buckinghamshire Marriages Slapton 1653-1812 - archive.org
Buckinghamshire Archives & Family History Groups
Records for England
Births and Baptism Records
War and Conflict
- County: Buckinghamshire
- Civil Registration District: Leighton Buzzard
- Probate Court: Court of the Archdeaconry of Buckingham
- Diocese: Post-1844 - Oxford, Pre-1845 - Lincoln
- Rural Deanery: Pre-1845 - None, Post-1844 - Mursley
- Poor Law Union: Leighton Buzzard
- Hundred: Cottesloe
- Province: Canterbury