Ravenstone is an Ancient Parish in the county of Buckinghamshire.
Parish registers begin:
- Parish registers: 1568
- Bishop’s Transcripts: 1609
Nonconformists include: Baptist and Independent/Congregational.
- Stoke Goldington with Gayhurst
- Weston Underwood
- Yardley Hastings, Northamptonshire
- Tyringham with Filgrave
- Cogenhoe, Northamptonshire
- Horton, Northamptonshire
The Imperial Gazetteer of England & Wales 1870
RAVENSTONE, a village and a parish in Newport-Pagnell district, Bucks. The village stands 1 mile S of the boundary with Northamptonshire, and 3 W of Olney r. station; and has a postal wall-box under Newport-Paguell. The parish comprises 2, 230 acres. Real property, £2, 182. Pop., 400. Houses, 103. The property is divided between two; and the manor belongs to G. Finch, Esq. A black priory was founded here in l246, and was given to Cardinal Wolsey. The living is a vicarage in the diocese of Oxford. Value, £106. Patron, G. Finch, Esq. The church is Norman, in good condition; and contains a very fine monument of Lord Chancellor Finch. There are an endowed school with £150 a year, and alms-houses with £282.
Source: The Imperial Gazetteer of England & Wales [Wilson, John M]. A. Fullarton & Co. N. d. c. [1870-72].
Buckinghamshire Archives & Family History Groups
Records for England
Births and Baptism Records
War and Conflict
- County: Buckinghamshire
- Civil Registration District: Newport Pagnell
- Probate Court: Court of the Archdeaconry of Buckingham
- Diocese: Pre-1845 - Lincoln, Post-1844 - Oxford
- Rural Deanery: Pre-1845 - None, Post-1844 - Newport
- Poor Law Union: Newport Pagnell
- Hundred: Newport
- Province: Canterbury