Over Winchendon is an Ancient Parish in the county of Buckinghamshire.
Alternative names: Over Winchendon, Upper Winchendon
Parish church: St. Mary Magdalene
Parish registers begin:
- Parish registers: 1606
- Bishop’s Transcripts: 1600
The Imperial Gazetteer of England & Wales 1870
WINCHENDON (Over or Upper), a parish in Aylesbury district, Bucks; 5 miles W by N of Aylesbury r. station. Post town, Waddesdon, under Aylesbury. Acres, 1,030. Real property, £2,602. Pop., 220. Houses, 42. The manor belonged once to the Duke of Wharton, and belongs now to the Duke of Marlborough. The living is a vicarage in the diocese of Oxford. Value, £60. Patron, the Duke of Marlborough. The church is ancient.
Source: The Imperial Gazetteer of England & Wales [Wilson, John M]. A. Fullarton & Co. N. d. c. [1870-72].
A Topographical Dictionary of England 1848
WINCHENDON, UPPER (St. Mary Magdalene), a parish, in the union of Aylesbury, hundred of Ashendon, county of Buckingham, 6 miles (W. by N.) from Aylesbury; containing 218 inhabitants. It comprises by measurement 1197 acres, of which the soil is generally a light and yellow mould. The living is a donative, valued in the king’s books at £7. 17.; net income, £60; patron and impropriator, the Duke of Marlborough.
Source: A Topographical Dictionary of England by Samuel Lewis 1848
Buckinghamshire Archives & Family History Groups
Records for England
Births and Baptism Records
War and Conflict
- County: Buckinghamshire
- Civil Registration District: Aylesbury
- Probate Court: Court of the Archdeaconry of Buckingham
- Diocese: Pre-1845 - Lincoln, Post-1844 - Oxford
- Rural Deanery: Pre-1845 - None, Post-1844 - Waddesdon
- Poor Law Union: Aylesbury
- Hundred: Ashendon
- Province: Canterbury