Mursley is an Ancient Parish in the county of Buckinghamshire.
Other places in the parish include: Salden.
Parish registers begin: 1578
Nonconformists include: Baptist
Mursley, a village and a parish in Winslow district, Bucks. The village stands 1 ½ mile ESE of Swanbourne r. station, and 3 ¼ E by N of Winslow; was once a market town; and has a post-office under Winslow. The parish contains also the hamlet of Salden. Acres, 2,840. Real property, £4,248. Pop., 482. Houses, 112. The property is divided among a few. The manor belongs to W. Selby Lowndes, Esq. A mansion of the Fortescue family stood at Salden, but was taken down in 1743. The living is a rectory in the diocese of. Oxford. Value, £350. Patron, W. Selby Lowndes, Esq. The church stands on an eminence, with a commanding view; and is a neat structure, with a tower. There are a Baptist chapel, a national infant school, and charities £7.
Source: The Imperial Gazetteer of England & Wales [Wilson, John M]. A. Fullarton & Co. N. d. c. [1870-72]
Mursley with Salden, 2 m. N.E. Winslow. P. 479.
Source: Leonard’s Gazetteer of England and Wales; Second Edition; C. W. Leonard, London; 1850
Muresley, co. Buckingham.
P. T. Winslow (43) 4 m. E b N. Pop. with Salden, 473.
A parish in the hundred of Cottlesloe; living, a rectory in the archdeaconry of Buckingham and diocese of Lincoln; valued in K. B. 11l.; church ded. to St. Mary; patron (1829) Lord Say and Sele.
Source: A Topographical Dictionary of Great Britain and Ireland by John Gorton. The Irish and Welsh articles by G. N. Wright; Vol. II; London; Chapman and Hall, 186, Strand; 1833.
Salden. — See Mursley.
Source: Leonard’s Gazetteer of England and Wales; Second Edition; C. W. Leonard, London; 1850.