Moulsoe is an Ancient Parish in the county of Buckinghamshire.
Parish church: St. Mary
Parish registers begin: 1559
Parishes adjacent to Moulsoe
The Imperial Gazetteer of England & Wales 1870
MOULSOE, a village and a parish in Newport-Pagnell district, Bucks. The village stands 1¼ mile W of the boundary with Beds, 1½ E of the river Onzel, 3 SE of Newport-Pagnell, and 3¾ N by W of Woburn-Sands r. station; and has a post office under Newport-Pagnell. The parish comprises 1,190 acres. Real property, £2,647. Pop., 234. Houses, 51. The manor belongs to Lord Carrington. Moulsoe Wood is a meet for the Oakley hounds. The living is a rectory in the diocese of Oxford. Value, £380.* Patron, Lord Carrington. The church is tolerable, and has a tower. There is a free school, endowed with the rent of 14 acres of land.
Source: The Imperial Gazetteer of England & Wales [Wilson, John M]. A. Fullarton & Co. N. d. c. [1870-72].
Leonard's Gazetteer of England and Wales 1850
Moulsoe, 2 miles S.E. Newport-Pagnell. P. 297.
Source: Leonard's Gazetteer of England and Wales; Second Edition; C. W. Leonard, London; 1850
A Topographical Dictionary of Great Britain and Ireland 1833
Moulsoe, or Mulso, co. Buckingham.
P. T. Newport Pagnel (50) 3 m. SE b E. Pop. 200.
A parish in the hundred of Newport; living, a rectory in the archdeaconry of Buckingham and diocese of Lincoln; valued in K.B. 16l. 16s. 3d.; church ded. to St. Mary; patron (1829) the Marquis of Northampton.
Source: A Topographical Dictionary of Great Britain and Ireland by John Gorton. The Irish and Welsh articles by G. N. Wright; Vol. II; London; Chapman and Hall, 186, Strand; 1833.
Marriages at Moulsoe 1559-1837
Buckinghamshire Archives & Family History Groups
Records for England
Births and Baptism Records
War and Conflict
- County: Buckinghamshire
- Civil Registration District: Newport Pagnell
- Probate Court: Court of the Archdeaconry of Buckingham
- Diocese: Pre-1845 - Lincoln, Post-1844 - Oxford
- Rural Deanery: Post-1844 - Newport, Pre-1845 - None
- Poor Law Union: Newport Pagnell
- Hundred: Newport
- Province: Canterbury