Leckhampstead is an Ancient Parish in the county of Buckinghamshire.
Parish registers begin: 1558
Parishes adjacent to Leckhampstead
The Imperial Gazetteer of England & Wales 1870
LECKHAMPSTEAD, a parish and a sub-district in the district and county of Buckingham. The parish lies on an affluent of the river Ouse, adjacent to the Buckingham canal and to the boundary with Northamptonshire, 3¾ miles NE by N of Buckingham r. station. Post town, Buckingham. Acres, 2,522. Real property, £4,288; of which £14 are in the canal. Pop., 482. Houses, 106. The property is divided among a few. The manor belongs to H. W. Beauclerk, Esq. Much of the land is under wood. The living is a rectory in the diocese of Oxford. Value, £517. Patron, H. W. Beauclerk, Esq. The church is ancient but good; consists of nave, N aisle, S porch, and chancel, with W tower; and contains three sedilia, a piscina, an effigies of a knight, and a brass of 1506. There is a national school.
Source: The Imperial Gazetteer of England & Wales [Wilson, John M]. A. Fullarton & Co. N. d. c. [1870-72].
Leonard's Gazetteer of England and Wales 1850
Leckhampstead, 3 miles N.E. Buckingham. P. 505
Source: Leonard's Gazetteer of England and Wales; Second Edition; C. W. Leonard, London; 1850.
Buckinghamshire Archives & Family History Groups
Records for England
Births and Baptism Records
War and Conflict
- County: Buckinghamshire
- Civil Registration District: Buckingham
- Probate Court: Court of the Archdeaconry of Buckingham
- Diocese: Pre-1845 - Lincoln, Post-1844 - Oxford
- Rural Deanery: Post-1844 - Buckingham, Pre-1845 - None
- Poor Law Union: Buckingham
- Hundred: Buckingham
- Province: Canterbury