Lavendon is an Ancient Parish in the county of Buckinghamshire. Cold Brayfield is a chapelry of Lavendon.
Parish registers begin:
- Parish registers: 1574
- Bishop’s Transcripts: 1575
Nonconformists include: Independent/Congregational and Wesleyan Methodist.
- Clifton Reynes
- Easton Maudit, Northamptonshire
- Yardley Hastings, Northamptonshire
- Cold Brayfield
- Turvey, Bedfordshire
- Newton Blossomville
- Bozeat, Northamptonshire
- Harrold, Bedfordshire
The Imperial Gazetteer of England & Wales 1870
LAVENDON, a village and a parish in Newport-Pagnell district, Bucks. The village stands 1 mile W of the river Ouse, at the boundary with Beds, 2½ miles NE of Olney, and 6½ W of Oakley r. station; was once a market town; has still a fair on the second Tuesday before Easter; and has a postal letter-box under Newport-Pagnell. The parish comprises 2, 320 acres. Real property, £3, 391. Pop., 820. Houses, 182. The property is divided among a few. The Grange is the seat of B. S. Brookes, Esq. A premonstratensian canonry was founded here, in the time of Henry II., by John de Bidun; and was given, at the dissolution, to Sir Edmund Peckham. The living is a rectory, united with the p. curacy of Cold-Brafield, in the diocese of Oxford. Value, £284. Patron, the Rev. W. Tomkins. The church is partly Saxon, partly of later date; comprises nave, aisles, and chancel, with a tower; was recently restored, at a cost of £800; and contains four piscinæ. There are a national school, and church lands £32.
Source: The Imperial Gazetteer of England & Wales [Wilson, John M]. A. Fullarton & Co. N. d. c. [1870-72].
Buckinghamshire Archives & Family History Groups
Records for England
Births and Baptism Records
War and Conflict
- County: Buckinghamshire
- Civil Registration District: Newport Pagnell
- Probate Court: Court of the Archdeaconry of Buckingham
- Diocese: Pre-1845 - Lincoln, Post-1844 - Oxford
- Rural Deanery: Pre-1845 - None, Post-1844 - Newport
- Poor Law Union: Newport Pagnell
- Hundred: Newport
- Province: Canterbury