Kingsey is an Ancient Parish partly in Buckinghamshire and partly in Oxfordshire.
Other places in the parish include: Tythrop.
Parish registers begin:
- Parish registers: 1538
- Bishop’s Transcripts: 1575
- Aston Sandford
- Chinnor, Oxfordshire
The Imperial Gazetteer of England & Wales 1870
KINGSEY, a village and a parish in Thame district, the village in Bucks, the parish partly in Oxford. The village stands 2 miles ENE of Thame r. station. The parish contains also the liberty of Tythrop. Post town, Thame. Acres, 4,105. Real property, of the B. portion, £1,156; of the O. portion, £1,340. Pop. of the for. mer, 171; of the latter, 66. Houses, 35 and 14. The property is divided among a few. The manors, with Tythrop House, belong to Capt. P. S. H. Wykeham. The living is a vicarage in the diocese of Oxford. Value, £250. Patron, the Dean and Chapter of Rochester. The church was built in 1780, and has a low tower. There are national schools.
Source: The Imperial Gazetteer of England & Wales [Wilson, John M]. A. Fullarton & Co. N. d. c. [1870-72].
- County: Buckinghamshire
- Civil Registration District: Thame
- Probate Court: Court of the Archdeaconry of Buckingham
- Diocese: Pre-1845 - Lincoln, Post-1844 - Oxford
- Rural Deanery: Pre-1845 - None, Post-1844 - Waddesdon
- Poor Law Union: Thame
- Hundred: Ashendon
- Province: Canterbury