Ilmer is an Ancient Parish in the county of Buckinghamshire.
Alternative names: Illmer, Illmire, Ilmire
Parish church: St. Peter
Parish registers begin:
- Parish registers: 1660
- Bishop’s Transcripts: 1575
The Imperial Gazetteer of England & Wales 1870
ILLMIRE, or ILMER, a parish in Wycombe district, Bucks; near Icknield street and the boundary with Oxford, 2½ miles NW of Princes-Risborough r. station. Post town, Princes-Risborough, under Tring. Acres, 674. Real property, £1, 230. Pop., 79. Houses, 16. The property is divided among a few. The manor belongs to the Earl of Chesterfield. Illmire House is a chief residence. The living is a vicarage, united with the rectory of Horsendon, in the diocese of Oxford. The church is early perpendicular, and was recently restored.
Source: The Imperial Gazetteer of England & Wales [Wilson, John M]. A. Fullarton & Co. N. d. c. [1870-72].
A Topographical Dictionary of England 1848
ILLMIRE (St. Peter), a parish, in the union of Wycombe, hundred of Ashendon, county of Buckingham, 4½ miles (E. by S.) from Thame; containing 79 inhabitants. The living is a discharged vicarage, valued in the king’s books at £6. 10. 8.; patron and impropriator, the Earl of Chesterfield. The great tithes have been commuted for £71. 10., and the vicarial for £104. 4., and the glebe comprises nearly 2 acres.
Source: A Topographical Dictionary of England by Samuel Lewis 1848
Buckinghamshire Archives & Family History Groups
Records for England
Births and Baptism Records
War and Conflict
- County: Buckinghamshire
- Civil Registration District: Wycombe
- Probate Court: Court of the Archdeaconry of Buckingham
- Diocese: Pre-1845 - Lincoln, Post-1844 - Oxford
- Rural Deanery: Pre-1845 - None, Post-1844 - Waddesdon
- Poor Law Union: Wycombe
- Hundred: Ashendon
- Province: Canterbury