Farnham Royal is an Ancient Parish in the county of Buckinghamshire.
Other places in the parish include: Salt Hill and Hedgerley Dean.
Parish registers begin:
- Parish registers: 1635
- Bishop’s Transcripts: 1600
Nonconformists include: Independent/Congregational, Particular Baptist, and Primitive Methodist.
The Imperial Gazetteer of England & Wales 1870
FARNHAM-ROYAL, a village in Eton district, and a parish partly also in Amersham district, Bucks. The village lies near the Great Western railway, 2 miles NNW of Slough r. station, and 4 N of Windsor; and has a post-office under Slough. The parish includes also the chapelry of Seer-Green, the hamlet of Hedgerley-Dean, and part of the village of Salt Hill. Acres, 2, 910. Real property, £6, 710. Pop., 1, 378. Houses, 283. The manor belonged to the Verdons, the Furnivals, and the Talbots; was held by the service of finding a glove for the king’s right hand at his coronation; and belongs now to the crown. The living is a rectory in the diocese of Oxford. Value, 600. Patron, Eton College. The church is an ill-looking structure; and contains a monument to Eustace Mascall, and the remains of Bishop Chandler and J. Bryant. The vicarage of Seer-Green is a separate benefice. A school is aided by a legacy; a church estate yields £85; and other charities have £5.
Source: The Imperial Gazetteer of England & Wales [Wilson, John M]. A. Fullarton & Co. N. d. c. [1870-72].
Buckinghamshire Archives & Family History Groups
Records for England
Births and Baptism Records
War and Conflict
- County: Buckinghamshire
- Civil Registration District: Eton
- Probate Court: Court of the Archdeaconry of Buckingham
- Diocese: Pre-1845 - Lincoln, Post-1844 - Oxford
- Rural Deanery: Pre-1845 - None, Post-1844 - Burnham
- Poor Law Union: Eton
- Hundred: Burnham
- Province: Canterbury