Dunton is an Ancient Parish in the county of Buckinghamshire.
Parish registers begin:
- Parish registers: 1577
- Bishop’s Transcripts: 1599
Nonconformists include: Baptist
The Imperial Gazetteer of England & Wales 1870
DUNTON, a parish in Winslow district, Bucks; near the source of the river Thame, 4 miles SE by S of Winslow town and r. station. Post town, Winslow. Acres, 1,550. Real property, £2,076. Pop., 106. Houses, 21. The property is divided among a few. The living is a rectory in the diocese of Oxford. Value, £270. Patron, A. Smith, Esq. The church is good.
Source: The Imperial Gazetteer of England & Wales [Wilson, John M]. A. Fullarton & Co. N. d. c. [1870-72].
The Parliamentary Gazetteer of England and Wales 1851
Dunton, a parish in the hund. of Cottesloe, union of Winslow, county of Bucks; 4 miles south east by east of Winslow. Living, a rectory in the archd. of Buckingham and dio. of Lincoln; rated at £9 9s. 7d.; gross income £222. Patron, in 1835, Earl Spencer. Here is a Sunday and daily National school. Acres 1.550. Houses 19. A.P. £1,660. Pop., in 1801, 85; in 1831, 116. Poor rates, in 1837, £84.
Source: The Parliamentary Gazetteer of England and Wales; A Fullarton & Co. Glasgow; 1851.
- County: Buckinghamshire
- Civil Registration District: Winslow
- Probate Court: Court of the Archdeaconry of Buckingham
- Diocese: Pre-1845 - Lincoln, Post-1844 - Oxford
- Rural Deanery: Pre-1845 - None, Post-1844 - Mursley
- Poor Law Union: Winslow
- Hundred: Cottesloe
- Province: Canterbury