Drayton Beauchamp is an Ancient Parish in the county of Buckinghamshire.
Parish registers begin: 1538
Table of Contents
Parishes adjacent to Drayton Beauchamp
The Imperial Gazetteer of England & Wales 1870
DRAYTON-BEAUCHAMP, a parish in Aylesbury district, Bucks; on the Wendover canal, at the boundary with Herts, near the Northwestern railway, 2 miles WNW of Tring. Post town, Tring. Acres, 1,874. Real property, £2, 743. Pop., 268. Houses, 53. The property is divided among a few.
The manor belonged anciently to the Cheynes; and the moat of their residence remains. Drayton-Cross-road and Drayton-Mead are meets for the Whaddon-Chase hounds and the Tring harriers.
The living is a rectory in the diocese of Oxford. Value, £275. Patron, S. Jenney, Esq. The church is early English; has two fine brasses of the Cheynes, a large marble monument of Lord Newhaven, and a figured old east window; and is good. Charities, £8. Hooker was rector.
Source: The Imperial Gazetteer of England & Wales [Wilson, John M]. A. Fullarton & Co. N. d. c. [1870-72].
Leonard’s Gazetteer of England and Wales 1850
Drayton-Beauchamp, 2 miles S. Ivinghoe. P. 231.
Source: Leonard’s Gazetteer of England and Wales; Second Edition; C. W. Leonard, London; 1850.
England, Buckinghamshire, Drayton-Beauchamp – Census ( 1 )
Census returns for Drayton Beauchamp, 1841-1891
Author: Great Britain. Census Office
England, Buckinghamshire, Drayton-Beauchamp – Church records ( 1 )
Bishop’s transcripts for Drayton-Beauchamp, 1576-1830
Author: Church of England. Parish Church of Drayton-Beauchamp (Buckinghamshire)
- County: Buckinghamshire
- Civil Registration District: Aylesbury
- Probate Court: Court of the Archdeaconry of Buckingham
- Diocese: Post-1844 – Oxford, Pre-1845 – Lincoln
- Rural Deanery: Pre-1845 – None, Post-1844 – Mursley
- Poor Law Union: Aylesbury
- Hundred: Cottesloe
- Province: Canterbury