Dorney is an Ancient Parish in the county of Buckinghamshire.
Parish registers begin:
- Parish registers: 1538
- Bishop’s Transcripts: 1575
Nonconformists include: Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-Day Saints and Primitive Methodist.
The Imperial Gazetteer of England & Wales 1870
DORNEY, a parish in Eton district, Bucks; on the river Thames, at the boundary with Berks, near the Great Western railway, 2½ miles WNW of Eton. It has a post office under Windsor. Acres, 1,550. Real property, £2,775. Pop., 367. Houses, 70. The property is divided among a few. Dorney Court is the seat of the Palmer family. The living is a vicarage in the diocese of Oxford. Value, £100. Patron, Sir Charles Palmer. The church is good, and has a fine tower. Charities, £18.
Source: The Imperial Gazetteer of England & Wales [Wilson, John M]. A. Fullarton & Co. N. d. c. [1870-72].
- County: Buckinghamshire
- Civil Registration District: Eton
- Probate Court: Court of the Archdeaconry of Buckingham
- Diocese: Pre-1845 - Lincoln, Post-1844 - Oxford
- Rural Deanery: Pre-1845 - None, Post-1844 - Burnham
- Poor Law Union: Eton
- Hundred: Burnham
- Province: Canterbury