Cuddington is a chapelry of Haddenham Ancient Parish in Buckinghamshire.
Parish church: St. Nicholas
Parish registers begin:
- Parish registers: 1653
- Bishop’s Transcripts: 1590
Nonconformists include: Baptist and Wesleyan Methodist.
The Imperial Gazetteer of England & Wales 1870
CUDDINGTON, a parish in Aylesbury district, Bucks; on the river Thame, 5 miles NE by N of Thame r. station, and 5¼ WSW of Aylesbury. Post town, Long Crendon, under Thame. Acres, 1, 281. Real property, £2, 624. Pop., 590. Houses, 130. The property is divided among a few. The living is a vicarage in the diocese of Oxford. Value, £200. Patrons, the Dean and Chapter of Rochester. The church is early English; consists of nave, chancel, and aisles, with square embattled tower; and is very good. There are a wesleyan chapel, a handsome recently-erected national school, and charities £45.
Source: The Imperial Gazetteer of England & Wales [Wilson, John M]. A. Fullarton & Co. N. d. c. [1870-72].
A Topographical Dictionary of England 1848
CUDDINGTON (St. Nicholas), a parish, in the union and hundred of Aylesbury, county of Buckingham, 5¼ miles (W. S. W.) from Aylesbury; containing 626 inhabitants. The parish is situated on the river Teme, by which it is bounded on the north-west; and according to computation comprises 1240 acres, whereof the greater portion is arable, and the remainder excellent pasture-land. Stone of good quality for building is extensively quarried. The living is annexed to the vicarage of Haddenham: the impropriate tithes have been commuted for £275, and the vicarial for £180; the impropriate glebe consists of nearly 18 acres, and the vicarial of 14 acres. There is a place of worship for Particular Baptists.
Source: A Topographical Dictionary of England by Samuel Lewis 1848
Buckinghamshire Archives & Family History Groups
Records for England
Births and Baptism Records
War and Conflict
- County: Buckinghamshire
- Civil Registration District: Aylesbury
- Probate Court: Court of the Archdeaconry of Buckingham
- Diocese: Pre-1837 - Lincoln, Post-1836 - Oxford
- Rural Deanery: Wendover
- Poor Law Union: Aylesbury
- Hundred: Aylesbury
- Province: Canterbury