Cublington is an Ancient Parish in the county of Buckinghamshire.
Parish church: St. Nicholas
Parish registers begin:
- Parish registers: 1566
- Bishop’s Transcripts: 1575
Nonconformists include: Wesleyan Methodist
The Imperial Gazetteer of England & Wales 1870
CUBLINGTON, a parish in Aylesbury district, Bucks; near the Buckinghamshire railway, 6 miles N by E of Aylesbury. It has a post-office under Leighton-Buzzard. Acres, 1, 290. Real property, £2, 292. Pop., 288. Houses, 62. The property is divided among a few. The living is a rectory in the diocese of Oxford. Value, £289. Patron, Lincoln College, Oxford. The church consists of nave and chancel, with a tower; and is good. There is a Wesleyan chapel.
Source: The Imperial Gazetteer of England & Wales [Wilson, John M]. A. Fullarton & Co. N. d. c. [1870-72].
A Topographical Dictionary of England 1848
CUBLINGTON (St. Nicholas), a parish, in the union of Aylesbury, hundred of Cottlesloe, county of Buckingham, 6¾ miles (N. by E.) from Aylesbury; containing 290 inhabitants. It comprises 1200 acres, chiefly pasture land. The living is a rectory, valued in the king’s books at £9. 16. 3.; net income, £289; patrons, the Rector and Fellows of Lincoln College, Oxford. The tithes were commuted for land and a money payment, in 1769.
Source: A Topographical Dictionary of England by Samuel Lewis 1848
Buckinghamshire Archives & Family History Groups
Records for England
Births and Baptism Records
War and Conflict
- County: Buckinghamshire
- Civil Registration District: Aylesbury
- Probate Court: Court of the Archdeaconry of Buckingham
- Diocese: Pre-1845 - Lincoln, Post-1844 - Oxford
- Rural Deanery: Pre-1845 - None, Post-1844 - Mursley
- Poor Law Union: Aylesbury
- Hundred: Cottesloe
- Province: Canterbury