Cold Brayfield is a chapelry of Lavendon Ancient Parish in Buckinghamshire.
Parish church: St. Mary
Parish registers begin:
- Parish registers: 1693
- Bishop’s Transcripts: 1606
The Imperial Gazetteer of England & Wales 1870
BRAYFIELD (Cold), a parish in Newport-Pagnell district, Bucks; on the river Ouse, 3½ miles E of Olney, and 7 W by S of Oakley r. station. Post town, Turvey, under Bedford. Acres, 530. Real property, £1,280. Pop., 99. Houses, 18. The property is divided among a few. The living is a p. curacy, annexed to the rectory of Lavendon, in the diocese of Oxford. The church is good.
Source: The Imperial Gazetteer of England & Wales [Wilson, John M]. A. Fullarton & Co. N. d. c. [1870-72].
A Topographical Dictionary of England 1848
BRAYFIELD, COLD (St. Mary), a parish, in the union of Newport-Pagnell, hundred of Newport, county of Buckingham, 2¾ miles (E. by N.) from Olney; containing 83 inhabitants. The manor anciently belonged to the Blossomvilles, and afterwards to the Staffords; in Elizabeth’s reign it was held by the Mordaunts. In 1669 it came by purchase to the Boddingtons, from whom it passed by marriage to the Dymocks; and about 1714 the estate was sold to the Farrer family. The parish lies on the borders of Bedfordshire, and is bounded on the south and east by the river Ouse: the village is on the road from Olney to Bedford. The living is annexed to the vicarage of Lavendon. As a commutation in lieu of tithes, land and a money payment were assigned in 1801, when the parish was inclosed by act of parliament.
Source: A Topographical Dictionary of England by Samuel Lewis 1848
Buckinghamshire Archives & Family History Groups
Records for England
Births and Baptism Records
War and Conflict
- County: Buckinghamshire
- Civil Registration District: Newport Pagnell
- Probate Court: Court of the Archdeaconry of Buckingham
- Diocese: Pre-1837 - Lincoln, Post-1836 - Oxford
- Rural Deanery: Newport
- Poor Law Union: Newport Pagnell
- Hundred: Newport
- Province: Canterbury