Other places in the parish include: Broughton in Aylesbury and Broughton.
Parish registers begin: 1560
Nonconformists include: Particular Baptist, Roman Catholic, and Wesleyan Methodist.
Parishes adjacent to Bierton with Broughton
- Aston Clinton
- Aston Abbots
- Weston Turville
- Tring, Hertfordshire
The Imperial Gazetteer of England & Wales 1870
BIERTON-WITH-BROUGHTON, a parish in Aylesbury district, Bucks; on the Aylesbury railway, near the Aylesbury canal, 1½ mile NE of Aylesbury. It has a post-office, of the name of Bierton, under Aylesbury. Acres, 2,470. Real property, £5,312. Pop., 691. Houses, 149. The property is divided among a few. The living is a vicarage, united with the vicarage of Quarrendon, in the diocese of Oxford. Value, £310. Patrons, the Dean and Chapter of Lincoln. The church is a structure of the 12th century, with tower and spire; was recently well repaired; and contains a piscina, and a curious monument of 1616 to Samuel Pope and his thirteen children. There are chapels for Baptists and Methodists, a national school, and charities £40.
Source: The Imperial Gazetteer of England & Wales [Wilson, John M]. A. Fullarton & Co. N. d. c. [1870-72].
Leonard's Gazetteer of England and Wales 1850
Bierton with Broughton, 1 m. N.E. Aylesbury. P. 605.
Source: Leonard's Gazetteer of England and Wales; Second Edition; C. W. Leonard, London; 1850.
Buckinghamshire Archives & Family History Groups
Records for England
Births and Baptism Records
War and Conflict
- County: Buckinghamshire
- Civil Registration District: Aylesbury
- Probate Court: Pre-1846 - Court of the Peculiar of Banbury, Post-1845 - Court of the Archdeaconry of Buckingham
- Diocese: Pre-1845 - Lincoln, Post-1844 - Oxford
- Rural Deanery: Post-1844 - Wendover, Pre-1845 - None
- Poor Law Union: Aylesbury
- Hundred: Aylesbury
- Province: Canterbury