Beachampton is an Ancient Parish in the county of Buckinghamshire.
Alternative names: Beauchampton
Parish church: St. Mary
Parish registers begin:
- Parish registers: 1628
- Bishop’s Transcripts: 1575
The Imperial Gazetteer of England & Wales 1870
BEACHAMPTON, a parish in the district and county of Buckingham; on the river Ouse, 2½ miles SW of Stoney-Stratford, and 4½ SW by W of Wolverton r. station. Post town, Stoney-Stratford. Acres, 1,492. Real property, £2,592. Pop., 272. Houses, 58. The property is divided among a few. The manor belonged to the Bennets; one of whom was made a baronet in 1627, and figured as a great friend to University college, Oxford. The living is a rectory in the diocese of Oxford. Value, £379. Patron, Cains college, Cambridge. The church is a plain structure; and contains monuments of the Bennets. A school has an endowed income of £48, and other charities £178.
Source: The Imperial Gazetteer of England & Wales [Wilson, John M]. A. Fullarton & Co. N. d. c. [1870-72].
The Parliamentary Gazetteer of England and Wales 1851
Beachampton, a parish in the hund., union, and county of Buckingham; 5 miles north-east of Buckingham, intersected by the Buckingham canal. Living, a rectory in the archd. of Buckingham and dio. of Lincoln; valued at £14 16s. 6½d.; gross income £380. Patrons, in 1835, the trustees of the Rev. Wortley. There is a daily school here, endowed with lands producing £48 per annum, containing 68 children. Other charities connected with the parish produce £15 annually. Pop., in 1821, 251; in 1831, 254. Houses 47. Acres 2,110. A.P. £2,271. Poor rates, in 1837, £137
Source: The Parliamentary Gazetteer of England and Wales; A Fullarton & Co. Glasgow; 1851
A Topographical Dictionary of England 1848
BEACHAMPTON, or Beauchampton (St. Mary), a parish, in the union, hundred, and county of Buckingham, 2½ miles (S. by W.) from Stony-Stratford, and 4½ (S. W.) from Wolverton station; containing 248 inhabitants. It comprises about 1500 acres of land, in general clayey and stoney; and is intersected by the river Ouse, and situated near the Grand Junction canal, from which there is a branch canal to Buckingham. Lace-making is carried on. The living is a rectory, valued in the king’s books at £14. 16. 5½., and in the gift of Caius College, Cambridge: the tithes have been commuted for £345, and the glebe comprises 31 acres. The church has some remains of the decorated style. William Elmer founded a free grammar school in 1652, and endowed it with freehold lands now producing £70 per annum; he also bequeathed £5 per annum for apprenticing a poor boy, and there are other charities amounting to about £110. The remains of the fine old mansion of Lord Latimer, whose widow was married to Henry VIII., are still to be seen, with the royal arms in different parts.
Source: A Topographical Dictionary of England by Samuel Lewis 1848
Buckinghamshire Archives & Family History Groups
Records for England
Births and Baptism Records
War and Conflict
- County: Buckinghamshire
- Civil Registration District: Buckingham
- Probate Court: Court of the Archdeaconry of Buckingham
- Diocese: Pre-1845 - Lincoln, Post-1844 - Oxford
- Rural Deanery: Buckingham
- Poor Law Union: Buckingham
- Hundred: Buckingham
- Province: Canterbury