Astwood is an Ancient Parish in the county of Buckinghamshire.
Alternative names: Astwood Bury
Parish registers begin:
- Parish registers: 1666
- Bishop’s Transcripts: 1575
Nonconformists include: Independent/Congregational
- Stagsden, Bedfordshire
- North Crawley
- Turvey, Bedfordshire
The Imperial Gazetteer of England & Wales 1870
ASTWOOD, a parish in Newport-Pagnell district, Bucks; on the verge of the county, 5½ miles ENE of Newport-Pagnell, and 7 N of Ridgmount r. station. Post Town, Newport-Pagnell. Acres, 1,259. Real property, £1,880. Pop., 247. Houses, 65. The property is divided among a few. The living is a vicarage in the diocese of Oxford. Value, £230. Patron, the Lord Chancellor. The church is good.
Source: The Imperial Gazetteer of England & Wales [Wilson, John M]. A. Fullarton & Co. N. d. c. [1870-72].
- County: Buckinghamshire
- Civil Registration District: Newport Pagnell
- Probate Court: Court of the Archdeaconry of Buckingham
- Diocese: Pre-1845 - Lincoln, Post-1844 - Oxford
- Rural Deanery: Pre-1845 - None, Post-1844 - Newport
- Poor Law Union: Newport Pagnell
- Hundred: Newport
- Province: Canterbury