Aston Clinton St Leonard is a chapelry of Aston Clinton Ancient Parish in Buckinghamshire.
Alternative names: St Leonards, St Leonard
Parish registers begin:
- Parish registers: 1738
- Bishop’s Transcripts: 1844
The Imperial Gazetteer of England & Wales 1870
LEONARD (ST.), a hamlet-chapelry in Aston-Clinton parish, Bucks; near the boundary with Herts, 3 miles ESE of Wendover, and 4¼ SW of Tring r. station. Posttown, Tring. Acres, 970. Real property, £977. Pop., 189. Houses, 35. The living is a p. curacy in the diocese of Oxford. Value, £170. Patrons, Trustees. The church is ancient and handsome; was once a chantry chapel to Missenden abbey; has been restored and beautified; and contains some interesting old armour and many monuments and tablets.
Source: The Imperial Gazetteer of England & Wales [Wilson, John M]. A. Fullarton & Co. N. d. c. [1870-72].
- County: Buckinghamshire
- Civil Registration District: Aylesbury
- Probate Court: Court of the Archdeaconry of Buckingham
- Diocese: Pre-1837 - Lincoln, Post-1836 - Oxford
- Rural Deanery: Wendover
- Poor Law Union: Aylesbury
- Hundred: Aylesbury
- Province: Canterbury