Aston Clinton is an Ancient Parish in the county of Buckinghamshire. Aston Clinton St Leonard is a chapelry of Aston Clinton.
Parish church: St Michael And All Angels
Parish registers begin: 1560
Nonconformists include: Baptist
Table of Contents
- Aston Clinton St Leonard
- Bierton with Broughton
- Puttenham, Hertfordshire
- Weston Turville
- Tring, Hertfordshire
The Imperial Gazetteer of England & Wales 1870
ASTON-CLINTON, a township, a parish, and a subdistrict in the district of Aylesbury, Bucks. The township lies near Icknield-street and the Wendover and Aylesbury canals, 3½ miles ESE of Aylesbury r. station. It has a post office under Tring; and is a meet of the Rothschild hounds. Acres, 2,670. Real property, £4,532. Pop., 1,108. Houses, 232.
The parish includes also the hamlet of St. Leonard. Acres, 3,640. Real property, £5,509. Pop., 1,297. Houses, 267. The property is divided among a few. Aston-Clinton House was the seat of Viscount Lake, who died in 1808. The living is a rectory in the diocese of Oxford. Value, £506. Patron, Jesus’ College, Oxford. The church is good; and there are a Baptist chapel, and charities £192. The p. curacy of St. Leonard is a separate charge. The subdistrict comprises ten parishes. Acres, 17,752. Pop., 5,246. Houses, 1,073.
Source: The Imperial Gazetteer of England & Wales [Wilson, John M]. A. Fullarton & Co. N. d. c. [1870-72].
Leonard’s Gazetteer of England and Wales 1850
Aston-Clinton, 3 m. S.E. Aylesbury. P. 1025.
Source: Leonard’s Gazetteer of England and Wales; Second Edition; C. W. Leonard, London; 1850.
- County: Buckinghamshire
- Civil Registration District: Aylesbury
- Probate Court: Court of the Archdeaconry of Buckingham
- Diocese: Post-1844 – Oxford, Pre-1845 – Lincoln
- Rural Deanery: Post-1844 – Wendover, Pre-1845 – None
- Poor Law Union: Aylesbury
- Hundred: Aylesbury
- Province: Canterbury