Aston Abbots is an Ancient Parish in the county of Buckinghamshire.
Parish registers begin: 1559
Nonconformists include: Baptist, Independent/Congregational, Primitive Methodist, and Wesleyan Methodist.
Parishes adjacent to Aston Abbots
The Imperial Gazetteer of England & Wales 1870
ASTON-ABBOTS, a parish in Aylesbury district, Bucks; among the Chiltern hills, 5 miles E of the Buckinghamshire railway, and 5 NNE of Aylesbury r. station. Post Town, Wingrave under Aylesbury. Acres, 2,180. Real property, £4,342. Pop., 311. Houses, 69. The property is divided among a few. The parish is a meet of the Rothschild hounds. The living is a vicarage in the diocese of Oxford. Value, £143. Patron, Lord Overstone. The church is good; and there are two dissenting chapels and a national school.
Source: The Imperial Gazetteer of England & Wales [Wilson, John M]. A. Fullarton & Co. N. d. c. [1870-72].
Leonard's Gazetteer of England and Wales 1850
Aston-Abbotts, 3m. N.E. Aylesbury. P. 356.
Source: Leonard's Gazetteer of England and Wales; Second Edition; C. W. Leonard, London; 1850.
- County: Buckinghamshire
- Civil Registration District: Aylesbury
- Probate Court: Court of the Archdeaconry of St Albans
- Diocese: Post-1844 - Oxford, Pre-1845 - Lincoln
- Rural Deanery: Pre-1845 - None, Post-1844 - Mursley
- Poor Law Union: Aylesbury
- Hundred: Cottesloe
- Province: Canterbury