Akeley is an Ancient Parish in the county of Buckinghamshire.
Alternative names: Oakley-cum-Stockholt
Parish registers begin: 1682
Nonconformists include: Wesleyan Methodist
Akely, 2 m. N. Buckingham. P.362.
Source: Leonard’s Gazetteer of England and Wales; Second Edition; C. W. Leonard, London; 1850.
Akely, or Oakley-cum-Stockholt, a parish and township in the hund., union, and county of Buckingham; 2½ miles north-east of Buckingham. Living, a rectory in the archd. of Buckingham and dio. of Lincoln; rated at £6 2s. 11d., and returned to parliament at £142 8s. 2d.; gross income £245. Tithes commuted in 1794. The patronage belongs to New college, Oxford. Seven acres of land in this parish are divided among poor families and widows. Pop., in 1801, 245; in 1831, 291. Houses 68. Acres 1,080. A. P. £1,354. Poor rates, in 1837, £146
Source: The Parliamentary Gazetteer of England and Wales; A Fullarton & Co. Glasgow; 1851